Thursday, April 19, 2012

Doodle an Alphabet

I am sorry I have been away from my blog for a bit. My lovely and sweet mother-in-law Kay was very sick and for awhile it was touch and go. She is better now...back in her home with her cat Buddy by her side. Gary and his siblings are taking turns staying with her so she can be in her home while she gets stronger. So I am back to writing my blog regularly again.
I knew when I decided to go into licensing I would need to develop handwritten lettering that would go with my style of artwork. At first I panicked...how would I do this...I am not very good working with type...that is why I married a graphic designer...Gary could always put in any type I needed in any project I did and he could design logos and stationary for me. But that was not going to work anymore, embroidered images need embroidered type. How did I develop the handwritten type I always use....I doodled letters and words whenever I talked to my mom and friends on the phone. I would write the same word over and over putting different swirls on the letters, mixing upper and lower case letters until I created lettering I liked. Here are examples of some new letters I am working on.




No comments:

Post a Comment