Thursday, October 21, 2010

I am on my friend/stalker’s blog!

My friend Corinne Blank always says she loves my work so much that she wants to be known as my personal stalker. She has been trying to get me to write a blog for years. She recently started her new company Goodness Recycled www.goodnessrecycled.com as well as a blog. Each week she features artists from St. Louis and several weeks ago she featured me and took lots of shots of my art and my studio. Here is the link to her site with the blog about me.

http://goodnessrecycled.blogspot.com/search?q=linda+solovic


In Corinne’s blog about me she mentions a heart I made for my house that is hanging in my hallway. Since Corinne does not have a picture of it on the blog post here it is. It is made out of old thread spools glued into a old drawer I found at an estate sale. I am always bringing home wooden boxes planning on using them to store stuff in my studio. I am a sucker for any old box with a great patina or old wire baskets. The idea for this piece came from a similar heart done for Country Living or Martha Stewart...I do not remember which magazine.


I shared on my facebook page about Corinne’s blog post and my sister commented on my post that Corinne failed to put in one of the most important features of my studio.... Mr.Perry and Mr. Percy, my gerbils. My boys are so handsome...I love to talk to them during the day and watch their antics. They can really chew through the toilet paper tubes! Here are some pics of them.


You must admit they are adorable!

Thanks so much Corinne for featuring me in your blog. And my very talented friend Annie Scheumbauer is featured this week...check her out too.




No comments:

Post a Comment