Monday, November 17, 2014

What was in those packages?

A while back on Facebook and instagram I posted the following picture.


All this little packages were gifts for my friend Joyce for her 60th birthday. I made her 60 tiny pieces of artwork. Each package contained 10 images. I did a series of 10 images for each of her ten years on this planet. And each of the series were a different media and theme.

I have loads of fun making these...I put no pressure on myself and I just did what I wanted to do. Joyce is a textile artist and makes art quilts so I knew the theme of making and sewing would be part of the images I made.

So here is the first set. I have loads of buttons in my studio and I remembered I had saved some vintage button cards. I did a series of flower images on the button cards using what else... embroidery and buttons. She loved them. And I had so much fun making them that I decided to make to sell in my Etsy just in time for holiday shopping. https://www.etsy.com/shop/lindasolovic  The button cards will sell for $15 and should be up for sale tomorrow in the shop. Here are the flower button cards I did for Joyce. Tomorrow I will post the Etsy button cards that are going to be for sale

Oh and by the way there are only eight cards. I changed two of them at the last minute and forgot to take a pic of them.














No comments:

Post a Comment