Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My New Fabric Line Is Now in the Stores

When I first started working with my rep Sheila Meehan, she asked me what type of products I would like to see my artwork on. One of the first things that came to mind was fabric. My grandmother taught me to sew when I was 12...thank you Grandma Helen....I fell in love with sewing and have been making all sorts of things with fabric since then. Right now I like to make quilts and plushes. I love to just buy fabric for the beautiful patterns and colors...of course like all sewers and quilters I  have drawers of fabric just waiting for me to use. My favorite fabric is always Marimekko...if only it did not cost so much.

When Sheila told me that the fabric company Timeless Treasures was interested in me and my artwork for fabric my heart skipped a beat...could I be the next Amy Butler, one of my idols? I have met Amy Butler, in fact I got to sit next to her at a dinner last year. Both of us participated in Mary Engelbreit’s Home Companion Workshop Weekend May 2010...I was a craft instructor and she was a speaker.
She is just the nicest person and I am so happy to have met her.

So here it is my first fabric line. It is called Flutter. I am so proud of it and just tickled pink to have a line of fabric. I want to give a huge thanks to my rep Sheila and Alice, Ruby, Emily and Celeste at Timeless Treasure for believing in me and my work and for making my artwork come alive on fabric.  My friend Joyce loves to look at my name on the selvage...she thinks it is so cool!

I do not know where you can buy the fabric in St. Louis...not sure if any stores carry it but you can get it online from Timeless Treasures. Here is the link:


http://www.ttfabrics.com/index.shtml

So go out and make me a star.












































2 comments:

  1. We just bought these darling fabrics for our store in Lincoln Nebraska. I think they are darling and they should be arriving shortly. Very refreshing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty fabulous line, Linda - congratulations!
    Your colors are magnificent....yummy yummy yummy yummy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete