Thursday, June 23, 2011

Timeless Treasures Projects With My Fabric

Emily Cohen at Timeless Treasures wrote me to ask if I could design and make a couple of projects using my new fabric line.Timeless Treasures wanted to put the projects in their booth at the Quilt Market to show the cute things you could make with my fabric. Also they planned to offer free patterns for the projects on their blog and website. Sheila, my rep,thought this was a wonderful idea...of course she did not have to think up an idea and then figure out how to do it. But really I do love to think up these kinds of projects so I set about planning what I would make.I knew I wanted one of the projects to be a plush of some sort and maybe a pillow. I needed a project where I could combine all of my fabrics into one item. So I came up with two house pillows and a Best Buddies plush. You can go to the Timeless Treasures blog to see an article about me and find the patterns.

http://www.sewtimeless.net/?p=384

Here are the projects.

I decided to to do two friends using a rabbit and a cat. My friend Joyce helped me figure out how to make the pattern for this. It was she who suggested I link the arms together which I think really made the piece. I am so proud of it....I loved making the clothes and especially love the little purse.

The house pillow patterns were easier to design and make. I piece quilts so I worked from a house quilt pattern. I loved filling the window boxes with all different kinds of flower embellishments all of which I have in bins in my studio

Hope you like my patterns and you will make one of my projects for your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment