Monday, September 24, 2012

New York New York...I love you.

I am not sure why but New York energizes me like no other city. I hate crowds...they do not bother me there.....I am not a great walker....I can walk for miles there. Long lines,waiting to get places, riding public transportation, getting lost...these things would drive me insane anywhere else but when I am in New York I am on board. I get a buzz on and I can go for hours and hours, all day long, much to the chagrin of my family members.

The first day we went to Brooklyn to go to the Keith Haring retrospective. The Brooklyn Museum is a lovely museum and the show was fabulous. To see all the real paintings...especially the really big ones was a real delight. At the end of the show there is a place where you can draw on ipads and make your own patterns. Gary, Annie and I made patterns. Can you guess which one is mine?







After the museum, we went to meet the fabulous illustrator Melinda Beck and her two charming girls, Chloe and Simone, for lunch. I met Melinda when she came to St. Louis to speak at Washington University. She had a day in town and wanted to spend the day junking and wanted to know if anyone could take her. Guess who had the fun task of taking her antiquing on Cherokee Street? Turns out we like the same kind of stuff and after bonding over treasures and trinkets we have kept in touch. After lunch we walked to the studio she shares with her husband Jordon Isip, a wonderful illustrator also, who also teaches at Parsons. It is always such a delight to see an artist’s studio...it is such a personal space and I loved looking all of her work that was in progress.







No comments:

Post a Comment